Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TaylorMade Rescue 11 Club Review

Well, finally got to hit my TaylorMade Rescue 11 this past weekend. I only got to hit it on the range, but hit it enough times to know some of the characteristics.

The first thing I noticed with the Rescue 11 is the head shape. I think that the shape of this club is perfect for a hybrid. Not too big, but also not as small as an Adams Idea Pro Black hybrid. The size definitely instills confidence that there will be forgiveness if you mishit, but also it compact enough to be workable. The white crown with black face also is very nice. It definitely envelops the ball and makes it almost impossible to align incorrectly. There is a little bit of busyness on the crown, but after hitting it, you don't even notice anymore.

The feel of the club is second to none with hybrids I have hit. The ball comes off the face with a solid launch, but is not too hard to feel harsh. It is also solid enough to have the feedback you need when you mishit it. The sound is a little bit high-pitched for a hybrid, but that is easy enough to get over when you are hitting it so well.

The performance of the club is also very good. I was able to hit high fades, draws, low shots, and everything else. I was able to hit it off the tee and the fairway with ease. I cannot wait to hit it out of the rough where I'm sure it will shine. The adjustability is also excellent. I can set it up to different lofts to help gap the distance between clubs and make my bag as dialed in as possible.

I believe that this may be one of the best hybrids ever made. I have tried numerous models from numerous companies without success, but I think this one finally is it. I'm sure many others would have tried it if the head was not white, but I say give it a go. These have a high resale value so what do you have to lose. I have mine shafted with a UST VTS hybrid shaft, but I think that the Rescue Aldila RIP 85 is a great shaft as well. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will have enough feedback to post a new updated review of the club.

Until then, hit em straight.

Follow @ahintz2 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment