Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Impression Review Series: Cobra Amp Driver

Probably the driver I looked forward to swinging the most this year, the Cobra Amp did not disappoint. The headshape was awesome, and the grey crown with the Cobra alignment aid was subtle and not too overbearing. The club set up perfectly square and the face looked awesome.

I don't really understand how the face technology works, but there is supposed to be tapered loft and power different places on the face. And the adjustment is supposed to change face angle and loft by a decent amount. I just tried it on the standard setting 9.5* with the stock RIP Stiff flex shaft. Normally I would like to play the 8.5 degree driver head with a different shaft, but this one worked really well. I'd say it was one of the more solid drivers I have hit. My old TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP is still better feeling than this one, but it definitely felt better than the RBZ or the R11s.

The ball felt hot off the face and it did not spin too much. I would love to give this driver a try with my set-up and see how it works. But for now, it really left me wanting to give it another try.

Grade: B+

Up next will be the Ping I20 Driver, so look out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment