Monday, July 2, 2012

2012 Senior Players Championship

Joe Daley, never before a winner on the PGA Tour or Champions Tour, won the 2012 Senior Players Championship on the Champions Tour Sunday, beating big names Fred Couples, Tom Lehman, and Mark Calcavecchia en route to the title.  Daley, a used-car salesman-turned professional golfer, made a tournament-high 24 birdies.  Daley only played 59 events on the PGA Tour in his career, and only held a tour card for 2 years.  He won twice on the now Web.com tour, but never challenged for a win on either the PGA or Champions Tour before this weekend.


"All I was keying on was what I had next, with the best possible attitude and keeping my emotions under control," Daley said. "I had a little adrenaline going later in the round and I dealt with it pretty good, so here I am."  The win secures a one-year exemption on the Champions Tour for Daley.

No comments:

Post a Comment