Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha Review--From The Gallery

Here is a review of the Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha shaft that was posted to the blog as a comment.  Hope it helps some of you pick a shaft!

Here is my original review:

Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha

Now, from a reader of the blog:

"I found this site and thought that I would put in my two cents worth. First, I love the Fubuki a60x5ct shaft! Here is why. I am 65 years old. In my youth I was a teaching pro and as I got older, was always able to maintain a single digit handicap. The last time that I was on a swing speed analyzer was 10 years ago and was averaging 104 MPH. I always used a stiff shaft of one manufacturer or another. I was away from the game for a number of years creating a new business. Now that I have the business established, I have gone back to the game.

In the last ten years I have lost strength and feel and do not know if I will get back to single digits or not. However, my swing is still pretty solid. I can no longer produce the distance that I once did and I could no longer feel the driver load so I new that a new driver was needed.

I went to an excellent shop that I have done business with for the past 35 years. I told them not to tell me anything about the clubs (no brand, no stiffness, nothing) and that I wanted a new driver that fit. (They loved this attitude) I found out a long time ago that you cannot buy on hype. The shaft is the engine of the golf club and the shaft is the most important part of the club.

I tried every driver in the shop with all kinds of shafts. Simply put, the Fubuki fit me the best. My swing speed averaged exactly 100MPH with the fubuki and the best I could do with anything else in the shop was 96 MPH. The launch angle was perfect with a 9.5 degree loft and I was averaging 272 yards of carry. I could only carry a maximum of 246 with anything else. I bought the club. It happened to be on an Adams head that was adjustable but I did not have to touch it.

I then started playing with it. I am as long as I ever was but my control is as good with the driver as it was when I had a four handicap. By the way, the shaft is a regular flex. The owner of the shop described it as a relatively stiff regular shaft. I don't care what it is labeled, it works. The shaft is simply perfect for me. The trick is to find the shaft that is perfect for you. I recommend that you compare the Fubuki in your research for your best shaft. The quality is there."

--Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!
    My webpage: Uncovering Gap Insurance Coverage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the
    same topics? Many thanks!
    My site > Hop Over To HERE

    ReplyDelete