Monday, May 14, 2012

2012 PGA Tour Predictions--A look back at the early season

The PGA Tour season has already reached its midpoint.  Although only 1 major has been contested, the season is half over already.  It is time now to look back at the first half of the season in my predictions to see how the season has played out so far.

I will also be updating my predictions for the second half of the season as well later this week so watch for that!

Here are the links for my early season predictions:
PGA Predictions Part 1
PGA Predictions Part 2

Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines
Winner: Phil Mickelson:

Contenders: Bubba Watson, Nick Watney:


Actual Winner:
Brandt Snedeker

My Predictions:
Phil Mickelson: Missed Cut
Bubba Watson: T13
Nick Watney: T60

WGC Accenture Match Play
Four Semifinalists: Tiger Woods, Ian Poulter, Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy
Finals Match: Tiger Woods vs. Ian Poulter
Third Place Match: Luke Donald vs. Rory McIlroy


Actual Winner: Hunter Mahan

My Predictions:
Tiger Woods: T17
Ian Poulter: T33
Luke Donald: T33
Rory McIlroy: 2nd


WGC-Cadillac Invitational at Doral
Winner: I believe Alvaro Quiros

Contenders: Lee Westwood, Steve Stricker:

Actual Winner: Justin Rose

My Predictions:
Alvaro Quiros: T57
Lee Westwood: T29
Steve Stricker: T8

Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard
Winner: I have to go with the man Tiger Woods on this one. 

Contenders: Rickie Fowler, Bud Cauley:

Actual Winner: Tiger Woods

My Predictions:
Tiger Woods: Winner
Rickie Fowler: DNP
Bud Cauley: T4

Other Winners of Note before the Masters
Here is a few golfers I expect to have a win before the Masters:

Luke Donald: Won Transitions Championship
Rory McIlroy: Won Honda Classic
Mark Wilson: Won Humana Challenge
Bud Cauley: Best Finish T4
Nick Watney: No Win

RBC Heritage
Winner: After a tough 2011, I think Furyk will bounce back with a strong win here at Harbor Town. 

Contenders: Rickie Fowler, Justin Rose:
Actual Winner: Carl Pettersson

My Predictions:
Jim Furyk: T8
Rickie Fowler: MC
Justin Rose: DNP


The Wells Fargo Championship
Winner: Adam Scott

Contenders: Tiger Woods and Martin Kaymer:

Actual Winner: Rickie Fowler

My Predictions:
Adam Scott: DNP
Tiger Woods: MC
Martin Kaymer: DNP

My Predictions: 
The Players Championship
Winner: Ryo Ishikawa. 
Contenders: Lee Westwood, KJ Choi.  

Actual Winner: Matt Kuchar

My Predictions:
Ryo Ishikawa: DNP
Lee Westwood: T61
KJ Choi: MC

Looks as though a few of my predictions came true, but it is definitely a hard task to predict winners of golf tournaments.  But I will try again.  Watch for the 2nd half of the season predictions coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment